Breastfeeding Education, Support and Training
Birth and Breastfeeding Conference
May 11-12, 2017
Seasons Event and Conference Center
· Session Titles - In alphabetical order by speaker (each session is 60-90 minutes:
* Health Literacy and Clear Counseling: Effective Communication for Breastfeeding’s Benefit
* Your Long Term Career as a Perinatal Professional: Preventing Burnout and the Practice of Self-Care
* Supporting Natural Childbirth in the Hospital Setting for Improved Birth and Lactation Outcomes
(the first 5 of Liz’s sessions listed below
= 5 E-Cerps for IBCLCs, pending approval)
* Human Milk Sharing, Selling and Donation: Legal and Ethical Angles
* What's Too "Friendly" for an IBCLC (or other lactation counselor) on Social Media
* Lions and Bottles and Teats, Oh My! Ethical and Legal Analysis of International-Code-Compliant
Teaching of Bottles and Teat Use
* Avoiding Legal and Ethical Jeopardy – an IBCLC Game Show * When Worlds Collide: How Ethics Differ for IBCLCs, CLCs, Peer Counselors, Dieticians, Midwives, Nurses, Childbirth Educators, and Childbirth Educators
* Dazed & Confused After Discharge: Cases from a Home Visiting IBCLC
* Preserving the Breastfeeding Relationship When the Mother is Seriously Ill or Has Medication
Contraindications (Case Studies)
* Up in Smoke: Marijuana and Breastfeeding – Toxic, Neutral, or Who Knows?
* Epigenetics and Pregnancy – The Role of Nutrition
* Allergies, Lactose Intolerance and Galactosemia – Can Babies be Allergic to Breastmilk?
* The Placenta and Breastmilk -- Unraveling the Mysterious World of the Intelligent Organs that
Protect Our Babies
to request a complete brochure after January 17, 2017,
Specialty education credits will be submitted for approval from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants Examiners, the Midwiferey Education Accreditation Council, and the International Childbirth Educators Association
AND, ANA-Regional, IBLCE, MEAC, ICEA
ANA This activity has been submitted to Northeast Multi-State Division (NE-MSD) for approval to award contact hours. Northeast Multistate Division (NE-MSD) is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The cost will be $99.00 for one day or $195.00 for both days, which includes materials, lunch, and refreshments. Late fees apply after April 21st.
Doulas may receive ICEA credits, pending approval.
Nurse-Midwives may recieve ANA credits, pending approval.